Welcome to Eureka Charter Township

Township Board Meeting May 14, 2018 Agenda


Hazardous Waste Collection

June 2, 2018

9:00 am to 1:00 pm

Mid-Michigan District Health Department, 615 N. State Street, Stanton, MI 48888 

Call 989-831-3620 or visit www.montcalm.org for more information


Aerosols, Auto liquids, Batteries, Cleaning products, Corrosives (acids, bases), Fertilizers, Fire extinguishers, Flammable liquids, Flourescent bulbs, Herbicides and pesticides, Inert cylinders, Mercury, Oil based paint (no latex), Pesticides, Pharmaceuticals/OTC medications, Propane cylinders <30 pds each, Reactives and oxidizers, Sharps (biomedical), Solvents, Smoke detectors, Thermometers

Electronic Waste:

Servers, laptops and towers -free

Printers, moitors, keyboards, CRT TVs - $0.25/pound


Up to 8: in diameter ($2.00 each)


Air Conditioners, ammunition or weapons, asbestos, car parts, commercially-generated waste, construction materials/debris, explosives, flares, household trash, infectious medical waste, latex paint, radioactive materials, refrigerators or other large appliances, used vehicles and yard waste.



 Township Officials Hours

Supervisor, Rod Roy, available Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm

Clerk, Linda Ruwersma, available Mondays 9:00 am to 1:00 pm

Secretary/Deputy Clerk, Angela Adkison, available Tuesday through Thursday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm


Treasurer, Cindy Hanson and/or Deputy Treasure, Deb Carnahan, available Fridays 9:00 am to 1:00 pm

Zoning Administrator, Mark Wilkin, available Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm

Assessor Team, Gail Dolbee and Megan VanHoose available Mondays 9:00 am to 12:00 pm or by appointment. Please call 608-799-3805.

Burn Permits in Eureka Charter Township

According to the Eureka Charter Township Ordinance #25, you MUST have a burn permit to burn in the township.  Rules and regulations are explained in section (8) eight of Ordinance #25.

Applications to burn are available on our website under the FORMS tab and then under the PERMITS AND APPLICATIONS section.  A burn application must be filled out and approved by the Zoning Administrator before you will get any permit numbers.  The application only needs to be filled out once and is FREE, then you may come in or call to be issued a new number.  This number is only good for up to (4) days.  When you receive your current number then you must call the county dispatch at (616) 225-8500 to notify them of your plan to burn and provide your permit number. This should be done before you burn.  If you burn without a permit, and the fire department is called, you will be issued a ticket for an illegal burn.  The maximum fine can be up to $500.  If you have any questions please contact Eureka Charter Township and request to speak with the Zoning Administrator. Please leave a message and you will be contacted by the next business day.

Community Involvement

If you are interested in getting involved with Eureka Charter Township, we encourage you to stop by and speak with any of our staff members.  There are many ways to be involved including but not limited to, attending our monthly Township Board meetings held the 2nd Monday of each month at 7:00pm, attending Planning Commission meetings held the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 pm, becoming an Election Inspector for Elections, as well as many other possibilities. Call or come by anytime between the hours of 9am to 1pm Monday through Friday for further information.